If you are in Romania for holiday, business or any other purpose and you land on Otopeni (OTP) Henri Coandă Bucharest Airport, there are some things you should know that will make your experience more pleasant:
- The airport is located in Otopeni, a small city about 17 km from Bucharest city center.
- There is a single Arrivals terminal, however the International Arrivals are on 1st floor, whilst the Domestic Arrivals are at ground floor.
- Very important! If you have checked in luggage and your belt is no. 4 or 5, you will exit at ground floor (Domestic Arrivals, even if you flew from abroad).
- The airport is quite small, so chances you get lost are reduced. Follow the signs and you will easily find your way to your destination: Arrivals, Departures, Train, Bus, etc.
- The duration of the transfer to the city center varies between 20 and 45 minutes by car (depending on the day/hour/traffic conditions) and approximately 1 hour with public transportation (buses 783, 784 or shuttle+train+subway).
- If you want to avoid waiting time for public transportation and the burden of carrying the luggage or taxi drivers that do not speak English and might try to hustle you, you can book a private airport transfer at a fair price.
One of our drivers will be waiting for you in front of the flower shop by the International Arrivals terminal (as you exit the terminal, slight right) with your name on an Ipad. He is willing to help you with your luggage and will make all efforts to offer the best first experience in Bucharest.
We have only premium sedan cars and mini-vans, you get free refreshments & Wi-Fi onboard and on the road to your hotel/airbnb apartment the driver will introduce you to the city, by briefly presenting the main landmarks: House of the Free Press, Triumph Arch, Victory Square, Romana Square, University Square, Unirii Square and the Palace of Parliament (Ceausescu's house).
Don't deny yourself the opportunity of beginning your journey to Romania on the right track, choose us and you will be impressed. Besides airport transfer, we offer sightseeing tours to multiple destinations (Dracula’s Castle, Peles Castle, Brasov, Mamaia, Constanta, Transfagarasan, etc) or cars with driver at your disposal for any period of time.
Other interesting articles
It's a dilemma that probably many organizations that explore the idea of implementing and certifying a quality management system have in mind. Such a process comes with financial efforts (the cost of implementation and certification), time allocated by all of the company’s employees of any level in the organization, sustained work, less pleasant aspects that will come out and will need urgent corrections ... a real show of force.